A Term of Tools - a Facebook Interactive Event
The Thursday Studio Sessions group always does a weekly drawing project, and we would like to throw open and invite all members of A&SC to join in.
Throughout term 3 (2017) we are going to do a 'Term of Tools'. Any tool you like, it could be a kitchen utensil, something from the workshop, a sewing tool; basically any kind of implement that you might use to do something with. If you wish to portray the kind of tool that sometimes takes on a human form, thats fine too!
We would like one artwork a week, all the works to be done on paper, and measure 10cm x 10cm with a 2cm border all around, so the finished piece of paper will be 14cm x 14cm (as per the images above).
On the last Thursday of this term, 21st September 2017, we will be having a 'drop in for a cuppa' morning at Studio Sessions where you are all invited to bring your works of art, which we will display on the pinboards for everyones enjoyment.
In the meantime during the term, as you complete your artwork, please post and share your artwork on the A&SC Interactive Group on Facebook. This is a private group so only A&SC members can view the posts.
If you are unsure of how to post an image onto Facebook using your smartphone or tablet, we have created the following instructions:
Instructions for posting an image on A&SC Interactive Facebook private group using a mobile phone or tablet:
- Sign in to Facebook in your browser (Safari, Chrome, etc) or get the App for your phone form ITunes App Store (for iPhones & iPad) or Google Play (for Android phones & tablets).
- Click on the "Search" icon (magnifying glass)
- Type in: A&SC Interactive Group, and click to Search.
- As a member you will be automatically signed in to the A&SC Interactive Facebook page
- (this is only open to members of the group).
- Now you want to post an image and some words about it. There minor variations in the how this is done depending on the type of phone/tablet:
If you see POST then click on it
Otherwise you will see “Write something…”
Enter what you want to say about the image.
Then click on the CAMERA icon and you will be asked to select an image from photos already taken on your phone/tablet or held in the cloud (eg in iCloud, Google Photos, etc). Select the image and click Done or Post if necessary and the image and text will be posted onto the A&SC Interactive Group page.
If you are having difficulties, please contact one of the Committee members for assistance.