Collective Perspective - Plastic Bricks Installation
We are going ahead with our plastic bricks installation. We are asking each and every member of A&SC to contribute at least one 'brick'.
- One brick is a one 1.25 litre plastic soda bottle stuffed with rinsed/washed plastic rubbish from our highways, byways and beaches.
- My top collecting tip is to take 2 containers/bags out with you. This is because when you are collecting you will come across stuff that is not suitable for the project but as a true blue ecowarrior you will want to dispose of it. Keep a small bag/container for the plastic rubbish that is suitable for the 'brick' project.
- When you get home sieve your 'brick' project plastic pieces to get rid of sand and other rubbish. Then soak them in a bit of water and disinfectant. Let them dry out in the sun, and then stuff them all into your bottle. You will find you probably need to do at least 3 or 4 rubbish foraging expeditions to fill up your bottle. But its great exercise, it is lovely to get out and about in the sunshine and you have the added bonus of being filled with a holy glow as you singlehandedly save the world.
- Please only collect plastic for the project as we want to be able to dispose of the 'bricks' in a responsible way once the installation is finished. (iow no polystyrene etc)
- Bring your completed 'bricks' to the gallery. I will collect them and store them at my home until we have enough for our installation. Please deliver your 'bricks' with their lid screwed on.